Kureson Sarada クレソンのサラダ
Watercress was originally introduced to Japan in the 1870s and first called oranda
3 bunches watercress
Bonito flakes or sesame seeds for garnish
¼ cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
¼ cup mirin
2 teaspoons sugar
• Make the dressing: combine the vinegar, soy sauce, mirin, and sugar in a bowl. Cool in refrigerator for later.
• Cut the watercress into 3-4 cm-long pieces. Divide the stem and leaf sections.
• Boil the stem parts first, and then add the leaves. Be careful not to overcook. Drain and chill the greens in cold water. Drain again and squeeze out excess water.
• Add the watercress to the dressing and mix. Cool in refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
• Serve and pour the remaining dressing over the top. Garnish with bonito flakes.